#travelwithme Romania - Bran Castle

Sunday, March 24, 2013






As I have told you in the previous post A journey through Romania - Peles Castle, that was only the first post of a series in which I will show you some of the most beautiful places you can visit here, in my small country! So I have started with a Castle and I'm
 continuing whit another one. I bet everybody knows about Dracula, after all the 
movies with Count Dracula and vampires, Transylvania and Wallachia are well known
 in the world for the famous vampire count :).

Bran Castle (Romanian: Castelul Bran), situated near Bran and in the immediate vicinity 

of Braşov, is a national monument and landmark in Romania

The fortress is situated on the border between Transylvania and Wallachia. 

Commonly known as "Dracula's Castle" , it is marketed as the home of the titular character in Bram Stoker's Dracula.
There is, however, no evidence that Stoker knew anything about this castle, which has only tangential associations with Vlad III,
voivode of Wallachia, the putative inspiration for Dracula.  


As discovered by the Dutch author Hans Corneel de Roos, the location Bram Stoker actually had in mind for Castle Dracula while writing his novel was an empty 

mountain top, Mount Izvorul Călimanului, 2,033 m high, located in the
Transylvanian Kelemen Alps near the former border with Moldavia.

The castle is now a museum open to tourists, displaying art and furniture
 collected by Queen Marie.

You Might Also Like

6 comentarii

  1. Bonitas imágenes!
    Saludos
    http://judithbysucre.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing pictures! I like sightseeing castles :) so I would like to go to Romania some day :)

    Giveaway Indressme – 2 winners will win 1 of 3 shirts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics, I will visit the castle this summer. xoxo

    stylemeetsbeauty.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouuu, this is so pretty! I can't wait to see more photos! Also dearie, because you have such a great blog and I'd love to share it and get to know more about you, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! There are more details on my blog, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much dear, awsome! Can't wait to find out more !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intotdeauna mi-a placut castelul Bran si de fiecare data cand ajung in zona il vizitez. Frumoase poze.

    Pup

    shoeper-women.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete